Tuesday

Paul Miners


Pastel and digital. These are jaw dropping. The attention to detail and technique is admireable.



"I have been battling for quite some time now to have my style of art (Digital Art) accepted in the wildlife art world. I have won many awards, been juror for large art competitions & sold numerous paintings but have been turned away from every wildlife art society and most galleries because my art has been done digitally.
It is so frustrating.  I paint exactly the same way. Instead of a standard brush I use a digital brush, instead of a canvas I paint onto my tablet. The end result is a Giclee stretched canvas print (with pigment inks) that will not fade for 100-200 years.
Funny how lithography or silk screening like Warhol is art but using a digital brush is not. I guess I have chosen a style that is new and will still take many years before it is completely accepted." - Paul Miners

http://minerswildlifeart.wordpress.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment