Thursday

Zimbabwe Lion rehabilitation project - African Impact























This was by far the best experience of my life! From getting on all the flights on my own to walking into a group of strangers who, by the end of my trip were like family. We spent most of each day with the lions getting to know their personalities and habbits, it was so sureal at first! Obviously being with the lions was the highlight of the trip however, being in the community was also extremely rewarding. We visited the local Orphanage every Saturday where up to 60 kids spend the day playing and get given their food. It was really interesting but also very sad to see so many familys broken due to disease and poverty.
I went horse riding into a heard of Zebras and cantered through a watering hole, rode an elephant and went to sleep to the sound of lions roaring. We took a trip to Antelope park which was between Bulawayo and Harare, this was a good insite to how the rest of Zimbabwe live outside of Victoria Falls. I cried when I left :(!

No comments:

Post a Comment